In the winter, your body needs a more wholesome breakfast to keep you going till lunch. These recipes are not only packed full of nutrients to fuel you through the morning, but they will also help contribute to healthy skin, hair and nails. Keep reading to follow our simple recipes for your best breakfast yet.
1.Banana & tahini porridge
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 150ml milk of your choice
- 100g porridge oats
- Two small sliced bananas
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the tahini with a splash of milk and 1 tbsp of water. Put the oats, one sliced banana, 200ml milk and 300ml water in a pan with a pinch of salt. Cook over heat for five minutes until creamy and hot.
- Put into two bowls, pour over the remaining milk, then top with the sliced banana before drizzling over the tahini mixture. Oats and tahini both help to promote proper digestion, which will keep your whole body feeling it’s best.
2. Turmeric latte
Studies have shown the curcumin in turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, so it is a super ingredient to include in your mornings.
- 350ml almond milk
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 maple syrup
- a grind of black pepper
- You could also add your supplement such as Skin, Hair and Nails to this or drink it on the side.
- It is super easy to make, add all the ingredients in the saucepan and constantly whisk over a gentle heat, ideally, use a milk frother if you have one. Once hot service in mugs or your reusable coffee cup and take it with you on the go.
3. Nut Butter, Banana and Chia Seed Toast
A sprinkle of Chia topped on top of a classic banana and nut butter toast is the perfect way to add some more vitamins and minerals into your morning. They have six times more Calcium than milk and are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in fibre and iron.
4. Apple & Cinnamon Quinoa Bake
- 60g Quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Two apples
- 35g Raisins
- Two eggs
- 480g milk
- In a small bowl, mix the quinoa with the spices and pour onto a greased baking tray.
- Sprinkle the apple and raisins on top.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs before whisking the milk.
- Pour the egg over the mixture on your bake before stirring gently to mix in the fruit.
- Bake for one hour, allow cooling before refrigerating. What’s great about this recipe is you can batch cook and keep fresh.